Mad Hippie is a clean beauty brand that was built on the notion that natural skin care can be every bit as effective as traditional. The brand uses a combination of organic natural ingredients and safe synthetic ingredients to formulate their skin care and makeup products, while leaving out toxic ingredients and unnecessary additives. Below we’ll cover the brand’s best selling products, formulation details, and key ingredients. We’ll also share Mad Hippie reviews so you can see what customers really think about these products.
What Are The Best Selling Mad Hippie Skin Care Products?
Mad Hippie offers consumers a variety of skin care products to choose from, including cleansers, cleansing oils, creams, serums, mists, masks, eye creams, and more. If you’re stuck on where to get started with Mad Hippie, you may want to consider trying these best selling Mad Hippie Skin Care products.
Mad Hippie Vitamin C Serum
- Contains a stable vitamin C derivative called sodium ascorbyl phosphate
- Vitamin C is a potent antioxidant that helps to prevent signs of aging while simultaneously improving skin firmness and brightening the complexion
- Additional antioxidants in the formula include ferulic acid and vitamin E
- Award-winning serum that has been called “a miracle worker” by Allure and “magic” by Marie Claire
Mad Hippie Vitamin A Serum
- Includes a vitamin A derivative called hydroxypinacolone retinoate (HPR), which provides the same benefits of retinol but without the irritation
- HPR is an ester of all-trans retinoic acid, and unlike other retinoic acid derivatives, it does not need to be converted to retinoic acid to work. Rather, it binds directly to the retinoid receptors of the skin cells
- HPR is said to dramatically reduce the appearance of wrinkles and discoloration, revealing beautiful, youthful skin
- Supporting ingredients include sodium hyaluronate, oat beta glucan, aloe vera, and more
Mad Hippie Exfoliating Serum
- Key ingredients include two alpha hydroxy acids (AHAs): glycolic and lactic acid
- AHAs exfoliate the skin by enhancing the breakdown of dead skin cells and increasing the rate of cellular turnover, which leads to smoother, brighter skin and a more even complexion
- Additional key ingredients include apple stem cells, sodium hyaluronate, Gigawhite, peptides, goji berry, and white tea
Mad Hippie Eye Cream
- Features three peptide ingredients: Syn-Eye, Matrixyl Synthe ‘6, and Regu-Age
- High concentration of niacinamide, the amide form of vitamin B3 that helps to repair the skin barrier, improve moisture retention, reduce inflammation, and correct signs of aging
- Like most eye creams, the Mad Hippie Eye Cream contains caffeine
- Caffeine constricts the blood vessels while also stimulating blood flow, which helps to tighten and firm the skin while also reducing the amount of blood that accumulates under the eyes (a major factor that contributes to dark circles)
Mad Hippie Face Cream
- Anti-aging face cream with two peptide ingredients: Matrixyl Synthe ‘6 and Syn-Tacks
- Supporting key ingredients include aloe vera, niacinamide, green tea, argan oil, coconut oil, resveratrol, and more
- Several Mad Hippie reviews for the Face Cream mention that it is a very lightweight, yet hydrating moisturizer
Mad Hippie Triple C Night Cream
- Gets its name from the three different vitamin C derivatives in this formula: tetrahexyldecyl ascorbate, magnesium ascorbyl phosphate, and ascorbyl glucoside
- Contains 19 active ingredients that are said to work synergistically in order to bring you dramatically brighter, healthier, and smoother looking skin
- Comes in a glass jar with a metal cap to minimize waste. Oxidation is not a concern because the forms of vitamin C in this cream are fully stabilized
Mad Hippie Antioxidant Facial Oil
- Preservative-free anti-aging facial oil that is claimed to hydrate and protect your skin
- The highest concentration oil in this product is argan oil, a non-comedogenic oil that moisturizes and revitalizes the skin
- Supporting ingredients include hemp seed extract, sea buckthorn berry, blueberry extract, pomegranate oil, camu camu berry, raspberry seed extract, and more
Mad Hippie Cleansing Oil
- Non-comedogenic oil that is claimed to soften and smooth the skin while gently removing makeup and other impurities
- The highest concentration oil in this product is safflower seed oil
- When you use safflower oil (or any oil) to remove oily makeup and sebum, you’re employing the chemical principle called “like dissolves like.” Basically, oils will dissolve other materials that have a similar chemical structure
- Supporting ingredients include squalane, rose fruit oil, ginger root extract, pumpkin seed oil, and oat kernel oil
What Are The Key Ingredients in Mad Hippie Skin Care?
What’s great about Mad Hippie Skin Care is that the brand really does a good job of incorporating a wide variety of beneficial ingredients into their product formulations. They use many unique botanical extracts and oils, such as konjac root, cloudberry fruit extract, blackcurrant seed oil, acai extract, reishi mushroom extract, and chlorella extract, just to name a few. Mad Hippie also incorporates many tried-and-true anti-aging ingredients into their formulas, such as vitamins A, C, and E and peptides.
Plus, Mad Hippie recognizes that what’s not in their formulations is just as important as what’s in them. Because of this, there are a number of ingredients that you will never see on the back of their labels. These include parabens, synthetic fragrance, dyes, petrochemicals, PEGs, SLS and other “nasty” additives.
As we mentioned above, vitamin C derivatives are used in several of the brand’s best selling products, including the Mad Hippie Vitamin C Serum and the Mad Hippie Triple C Night Cream. Once absorbed into the skin, all of these derivatives are converted to ascorbic acid.
Ascorbic acid is a potent antioxidant that neutralizes reactive oxygen species (ROS) — such as the superoxide ion and peroxide — that are generated when the skin is exposed to UV light. This is important because the harmful effects of ROS occur as direct chemical alterations of the cellular DNA, the cell membrane, and cellular proteins, including collagen. Damaged collagen manifests as signs of premature skin aging, including wrinkles, lines, and sagging skin. Since ascorbic acid can protect collagen, the Mad Hippie Vitamin C Serum can help prevent signs of aging.
Mad Hippie Vitamin C Serum may also be able to correct existing signs of aging since vitamin C promotes new collagen synthesis. Specifically, ascorbic acid serves as a cofactor for enzymes that are responsible for stabilizing and cross-linking the collagen molecules. According to the Indian Dermatology Online Journal, clinical studies have shown that the topical use of ascorbic acid increases collagen production in both young and aged human skin. Once again, by increasing the amount of collagen in the skin, signs of aging will be diminished and the skin will appear more firm.
A final benefit that you may see with Mad Hippie Vitamin C Serum is a brighter complexion with fewer dark spots and a more even skin tone. Once again this benefit is due to ascorbic acid, which inhibits melanin synthesis. Melanin is a pigment that gives our skin color, but too much of this pigment can lead to undesirable dark spots called hyperpigmentation. Ascorbic acid decreases melanin formation by inhibiting tyrosinase, an enzyme that is required for melanin synthesis.
Where Are Mad Hippie Skin Care Products Sold?
Mad Hippie Skin Care products are sold on the brand’s website, as well as third party sellers such as Amazon and Ulta. However, the brand warns to always be careful buying Mad Hippie products from unauthorized third party sellers on sites because they have found counterfeits and many expired, damaged, and opened products being sold. Mad Hippie Skin Care products are also sold in numerous physical locations across the United States and Canada. The brand has a store locator on their website so that you can find a location that sells Mad Hippie Skin Care products near you.
What is The Mad Hippie Return Policy?
Mad Hippie allows consumers to try their products risk-free thanks to their return policy, which states, “We are so confident that you will love Mad Hippie that if for any reason you are not completely satisfied, return your purchased products, full or empty, within 60 days of purchase from an authorized seller and we will refund 100% of your money.”
Is Mad Hippie Cruelty Free?
Mad Hippie is cruelty free. The brand does not test finished products or ingredients on animals, and neither do their suppliers or any third-parties. In addition, Mad Hippie does not sell their products where animal testing is required by law.
Mad Hippie Reviews
Mad Hippie reviews on the brand’s website are extremely positive, with nearly all products receiving 4 or 5 star ratings.
Positive reviews for the Mad Hippie Vitamin C Serum mention that this serum helps with acne and acne scars while promoting soft, glowing, dewy skin. Other Mad Hippie reviews mention that this serum improves skin firmness while brightening the complexion.
For example, one review says, “I am completely BLOWN AWAY by this serum. This is my first ever experience using a serum, so I wasn’t totally sure what to expect, but man…my skin has literally never looked better(I’m 37). I have an autoimmune disease, so finding products free of toxins and chemicals, is insanely important to me. In just 3 week of using this serum, my sun spots, and rosacea are fading, and my skin looks brighter and tighter. My pores also look smaller! I will be a forever user of this stuff!”
There aren’t many negative reviews for the Mad Hippie Vitamin C Serum, but those that we did read were from customers who experienced reactions from using this serum, such as dryness or acne breakouts. For example, one Mad Hippie review says, “I was very excited to purchase after reading so many great reviews, however, I’m sad to say that after one week of putting on the serum every morning and night, I am breaking out in acne like never before.”
Overall, we think that Mad Hippie skin care products are a good option if you’re looking for clean beauty products that contain naturally-derived ingredients. We like that Mad Hippie Skin Care combines organic natural ingredients with safe synthetic ingredients like peptides in many of their products.
- Evidence-based ingredients
- Products do not contain parabens, synthetic fragrance, dyes, petrochemicals, PEGs, SLS
- Air-tight, opaque packaging protects delicate ingredients
- Brand is committed to reduce their carbon footprint and impact on the environment
- $1 of every web sale is donated to conservation
- Some Mad Hippie reviews mention breakouts after using these products
What Are Some Alternatives to Mad Hippie Skin Care?
One of the main ingredients that the brand uses in their products is vitamin C, such as in the Mad Hippie Vitamin C Serum and Triple C Night Cream. Vitamin C is an excellent ingredient for hyperpigmentation, however, there are so many other ingredients that can also help to fade those pesky dark spots. If you’re struggling with hyperpigmentation and uneven skin tone, we’d like to recommend Formulyst’s Dark Spot Solutions.
Dark Spot Solutions is formulated with HyWhite – an alpha linolenic acid (ALA) that helps to lighten the appearance of dark spots and visibly improve the uniformity of the skin color. This serum also contains a lightweight molecular hyaluronic acid, which instantly helps to improve skin hydration. If you’ve tried a vitamin C serum in the past without any improvement, we’d definitely recommend considering Formulyst Dark Spot Solutions.
There’s no need to compromise when it comes to finding skincare that is effective and safe. Carrot & Stick takes a tough love approach to skincare, perfectly balancing the power of plants with cutting edge science. Not only is Carrot & Stick good for your skin, it is also good for the environment as the formulas skip harmful chemicals as well as the preservatives, emulsifiers and thickeners commonly found in skincare products.