Can Bio Oil Improve Skin Health?
When Bio Oil was launched in 2002, it was not a well-known product, and didn’t command much media attention. Since then, this specialty brand has grown in popularity and is now sold in numerous countries, including USA, Ireland, Guatemala, Peru, Russia, Turkey, just to name a few. In fact, this brand quickly developed a strong following and a distribution base that would make any skin care company jealous. But why has Bio Oil become so popular? Is it a miracle product that is in demand because it’s so effective, or can there be other reasons for such success? To answer these questions, it’s important to dig deeply into this skin care product, read Bio Oil reviews, and work with a skin care professional who can give you deeper insight into how Bio Oil works. To help you get a head start in the process, we’ve compiled some of the most pertinent information, below.
Is Bio-Oil Worth The Money?
A common question about this brand is if the products are worth the cost.
In our opinion, Bio-oil products deliver value for money, but take a look at other brands that don’t require you to sacrifice your precious money.
We recommend brands that are committed to developing clean yet effective products.
One brand is Carrot & Stick, a clean skincare brand that perfectly balances the gentle nurturing of plants with the powerful results of innovative science.
Carrot & Stick intro bundles deliver great value for money because you can bundle 3 full-size products worth up to
$240 for $88.
How Bio Oil Works
According to the manufacturer, Bio Oil is a specialty formula that works by combining a number of ingredients essential to effective skin care. Unlike retinol serum or a hydroquinone cream, this oil is not specialized-enough to target advanced issues. However, the maker of Bio Oil claims that the product can have a meaningful impact on more general problems like aging skin symptoms, stretch marks, uneven pigmentation (like sun spots), and dry skin.
The idea is that by using this item regularly, Bio Oil will provide the skin with necessary chemicals and building blocks to repair itself and look healthier.
Bio Oil Ingredients
There are many ingredients included in Bio Oil, which on the one hand makes it a less specialized treatment, but on the other hand increases the chances that at least one of the chemicals will have a positive effect on the skin.
Some of the key Bio Oil ingredients include:
- Rosemary Oil: This ingredient is often included in skin care products due to its antimicrobial properties. By reducing infection-causing bacteria and viruses, rosemary oil may be able to reduce inflammation and promote healing of micro wounds. This, in turn, will help keep the skin healthier and more resilient.
- Chamomile Oil: This Bio Oil ingredient has many healing and anti-inflammatory properties, and is formulated into skin care products for several reasons. Firstly, mere inhalation of the oil can have calming properties, which promotes lower stress and an overall sense of well being. However, chamomile oil is also known to reduce inflammation on the skin and to even out pigmentation issues.
- Vitamin A: This nutrient is a common skin care ingredient and is included in Bio Oil due to its ability to regulate the skin’s shedding process. Of course, in more potent versions, this chemical is referred to as retinol. Certainly, retinol is more potent and can provide more dramatic improvements in skin pigmentation and pore cleansing. However, the weaker version (vitamin A) is less likely to cause skin irritation or other adverse reactions.
- Lavender Oil: This Bio Oil ingredient is believed to have been used in skin care for thousands of years, and is valued for its ability to destroy bacteria and fungi, and induce a calming effect. Further, lavender oil is thought to carry antioxidants that reduce skin damage.
- Vitamin E: The Bio Oil formulation also includes vitamin E, which is a well-known antioxidant. Additionally, vitamin E is also a natural preservative and helps keep the product from expiring early.
- Calendula Oil: Bio Oil also contains calendula oil, which is a strong skin moisturizer, and helps to heal dry, flaky skin.
Is Bio Oil Greasy?
Bio Oil is not a very greasy product. The greasiness of an oil-based skin care product is a vital consideration, because heavy oils can clog pores and exacerbate acne. Further, greasy products make it difficult for key ingredients to penetrate the skin deeply, where they are most needed. Bio Oil manufacturer claims that the company was able to make the oil light-weight with a specialty ingredient called PurCellin Oil.
Bio Oil Reviews
The consumer Bio Oil reviews are largely positive, with many customers claiming that the product helped them achieve significant improvement in the appearance and texture of their skin. In addition to experiencing positive effects on the skin, many reviewers seemed to also enjoy the Bio Oil scent.
Although scent may seem inconsequential for skin care, it’s actually a very important aspect, beyond just basic enjoyment. The reason being that many consumers experience early onset of aging skin because they don’t moisturize enough, since they simply forget to do it or don’t feel that it’s important enough.
However, research in the last few decades has suggested that a big part of our behavior is based on habits. A habit emerges when we have a cue, perform a routine, and receive a reward.
Because Bio Oil smells nice, it can promote more regular skin care because the good smell acts as a reward for going through the process of applying this product. Therefore, in theory, the consumer is more likely to remember it and use it on a regular basis.
Related: Best Face Oils
The Price of Bio Oil
One aspect that deserves special attention is the cost of Bio Oil, which runs at about $20 for over 4 ounces. At such a low price, this item is very affordable for most skin care budgets. Further, this low cost may be one of the reasons why Bio Oil reviews are generally positive.
Where to Buy Bio Oil
Bio Oil can be purchased through virtually any major retailer in the United States, including Wal Mart and Target. Because it is so easily found, the product can be a good choice for a regular routine, because it can be easily replenished. However, due to potential botanical allergies and irritation from orange coloring, the consumer is advised to perform several skin patch tests to avoid Bio Oil side effects.
What Are Alternatives to Bio Oil?
If you’re looking for skincare products to address uneven skin tone, we recommend Carrot & Stick. Carrot & Stick maximizes the use of powerful ingredients and minimizes the use of superficial ones, resulting in advanced skincare solutions that help promote healthy, more youthful-looking skin.
If you are looking for a product for aging skin, take a look at The Face Oil from Carrot & Stick. This product is formulated specifically for aging skin.