Underneath Skin Care is a brand of skin care from the US that was first launched in 2019 by performer Ti Taylor. It’s predominantly aimed at people with acne, following their founder’s personal struggles with acne and congested skin, but also features products for eczema, ‘glow’ and hyperpigmentation. Their products are handmade, using organic, natural ingredients. Only available online, we’re going to review the best Underneath Skin Care products so that you can do your research before you buy. We’ll also share some reviews of Underneath Skin Care so you can see what customers really think about the products in the range.
What Are The Top Underneath Skin Care Products?
Underneath Skin Care has a relatively small range of products compared to some other skincare brands. They do offer a full range, including kits targeted at specific skin concerns such as eczema, acne and dark spots. The range includes eye cream, soap, toner, moisturiser, day cream, face mask, sunscreen, face oils and cleansers. Not sure where to get started with Underneath Skin Care? Take a look at the details we’ve compiled on the top Underneath Skin Care products below.
Underneath Skin Care Underneath Acne Kit
- This kit is Underneath Skin Care’s flagship product and one of their bestsellers
- The brand’s founder credits this routine with clearing up her life-long issues with acne
- 5 step formula to soothe, enhance and correct acne as well as remove dead skin cells – the 5 steps include products for day and night including Facial Cleanser, Acne Day Cream, Sunscreen, Acne Night Oil and Acne Night Cream
The kit includes a range of active and inactive ingredients such as aloe vera juice, shea butter, kojic acid, turmeric, lemon oil, benzoyl peroxide, squalene, Vitamin C, hyaluronic acid, retinol and Vitamin E
Dark Spot Kit
- The Dark Sport kit fights acne damage to help fade dark spots (also known as hyperpigmentation) caused by acne as well as evening skin tone and texture
- The treatment is gentle on the skin and invisible to apply, using a 2 step process that includes a serum and removal lotion which is applied directly to the hyperpigmentation
- The ingredients include lavender extracts, citrus extracts, Vitamin B3, botanicals and glycerins with essential fatty acids
Acne Bar Soap
- This bar soap is designed to clean and clear the skin to treat acne, remove dead skin cells and address hyperpigmentation
- To use this soap, you simply wen hands and create a lather which you apply to skin and remove using a soft wet cloth until the product is removed
- The ingredients in this product aren’t listed online, though the brand’s founder Ti Taylor suggests that kojic acid is the secret to the effectiveness of Underneath Skin Care’s range
Eye Cream for Dark Circles
- Used to combat dark circles and leave under eyes looking bright and refreshed, the Eye Cream for Dark Circles is suitable for all skin types
- It claims to use Niacinamide, Vitamins A, C and E and CoQ10 to visibly diminish the appearance of dark circles, fine lines and wrinkles
- This Eye Cream also contains hyaluronic acid, green tea and cucumber extracts to help hydrate, smooth and brighten the skin
- Used on clean skin at night only, this Eye Cream should be applied gently around the eyes then patted and smoothed under the eye (including the sub-orbital bone)
- For daily hydration and refreshed skin, this Morning Toner claims to also shrink the appearance of pores
- Ingredients include aloe leaf, orange peel extract, organic white willow bark, tea tree oil, evening primrose oil and licorice root
- Spritz onto face after cleansing for a hydrating, refreshing boost and follow with Acne Day Cream to keep skin hydrated throughout the day
Acne Night Face Mask
- This acne mask claims to be ‘an excellent addition for treating stubborn acne and acne marks’
- It dries onto the skin, exfoliating and revealing renewed skin below to ‘enhance acne damaged skin’, though it does warn that this product may cause extreme dryness
- This mask should be used once every 1-2 weeks, applied evenly to clean skin across the entire face – avoiding the eye area – at night and allowed to dry for 10 minutes, it should then be removed with a hot cloth after a maximum of 2 hours
- The ingredients in this mask include Vitamin C, kojic acid, castor oil, aloe vera leaf juice, vitamin E and grapeseed oil
- This serum is used to reduce inflammation and soothe skin that’s struggled with acne by removing dead skin cells and revealing the skin underneath
- Although it’s called an oil, it isn’t solely an oil blend
- It contains benzoyl peroxide as an active ingredient coupled with glycerin, kojic acid, retinol, aloe leaf juice and willow bark extract
- Used at night, it’s applied to clean skin before using your night-time moisturizer. Using several drops, it should be smoothed gently all over the face, excluding the eye area
- This Facial Cleanser is used as a daily cleansing wash, particularly for acne-prone skin
- It can be used morning or evening and should be the first step in an Underneath Skin Care routine – it’s also available in the Underneath Skin Care kits
- Ingredients include aloe vera juice, shea butter, kojic acid, turmeric, tea tree oil, lemon oil and licorice root
Premium Eczema Solution
- The Underneath Eczema kit is used to relieve the discomfort and itchy skin caused by eczema – it isn’t a medical treatment and won’t ‘cure’ eczema, though may work to relieve mild to severe symptoms
- It’s a 3 step system consisting of a Moisturizing Cream, Soothing Night Oil and Hydrating Eczema wash
- Made from ‘natural ingredients’ such as purified water, aloe vera gel, lemon juice, glycerin and essential oils
- The first step in the routine is the Eczema wash, which is massaged gently into the skin and then rinsed off. This is followed by the night oil which is massaged into the skin. The final step is the Night Cream, which can be applied anywhere that the skin is dry
- Ingredients in the kit include aloe vera juice, olive oil, essential oil, vitamin E oil, oatmeal, honey, tea tree and essential oils
Underneath Glow Kit
- The Underneath Glow Kit is designed as a maintenance kit for those who want to ‘maintain their glow month after month’, it’s aimed at those who have previously had acne and want to keep their skin looking its best
- The kit contains a Day Cream, Night Cream, Morning Face Vitamins and Glow Bar
- It claims to be ‘filled with natural ingredients’ such as sunflower oil, aloe vera juice, Vitamin E, essential oils, L-Ascorbic Acid and shea.
What Are The Key Ingredients in Underneath Skin Care Products?
The key ingredients in Underneath Skin Care focus on kojic acid for acne treatment, aloe vera juice and essential oils. The company is focused on skin health, dealing with acne and giving people the glow back to their skin so they can live a life without worrying about filters.
The range claims to use natural, organic ingredients but seems to include a mix of natural and synthetic ingredients. The key ingredients used are kojic acid for acne treatment, aloe vera juice, essential oils, hyaluronic acid and vitamins. These ingredients are all proven to benefit the skin.
Some products in the line are heavily fragranced, which could be too much for sensitive skin and may lead to inflammation – this can in turn become hyperpigmentation. Some products, such as the Night Cream, contain mineral oil which could block pores, especially when it comes to acne-prone skin.
The packaging is modern, minimalist and functional with flashes of pink, gold and black on white packaging.
Where Are Underneath Skin Care Products Sold?
Underneath Skin Care products are sold exclusively through the brand’s website. It is not available through third-party retailers at the time of writing.
What is The Underneath Skin Care Return Policy?
Underneath Skin Care does not offer refunds or exchanges, but can offer store credit for products that are returned unused, in the condition it was received and in the original packaging.
Is Underneath Skin Care Cruelty Free?
Underneath Skin Care is not listed as cruelty free.
Underneath Skin Care Reviews
Underneath Skin Care is a relatively new brand that has been created by performer and influencer Ti Taylor. She created the range based on her own experiences and wanted to help other people experiencing the same issues with acne, hyperpigmentation and skin texture. Ti is extremely vocal about the range, and her own experiences, to her 2 million Instagram followers and in the press.
There are many overwhelmingly positive reviews on the Underneath Skin Care website, with many customers claiming that the products have been the only ones that have dealt with their skin issues. There are also a number of reviews across social media where people are sharing their own experiences.
The products are mid-priced – higher than drug store products but not as high as some premium ranges available.
The best-selling Acne Kit and Dark Spot Treatment have many positive reviews, such as:
“I’ve struggled so much with finding a product that will help with my acne, I was so insecure about it, now I embrace it! The acne kit is the best ever! My skin is amazing now thanks to Underneath Skincare!! Please trust the process.”
“I’ve been using this product for about 2 weeks now and for the most part I’ve been trying to stay consistent with using it. I noticed a major difference within a week of using this product. Just like any skin care product, I test it out on small parts of my face first, my face is very sensitive and I didn’t have any reaction at all. since it is a dark spot remover just be mindful of that don’t get carried away with the product follow the directions. Also the package arrived fast as well. so yeah I would definitely recommend this product and I will be ordering more!”
Overall, Underneath Skin Care seems to be effective for lots of people who have experienced acne and hyperpigmentation. The formulations have rave reviews from customers and lots of examples from real people of how their skin changed for the better after use.
Underneath Skin Care products contain effective ingredients and a mix of natural, organic and synthetic ingredients. However they do include some ingredients like fragrance and mineral oil which can react with some skin types. Not all products have ingredients or instructions listed online which might mean that a product isn’t used correctly.
- Evidence-based ingredients used in formulations
- Positive reviews and recommendations from real people
- Clear packaging that’s easy to use and effective
- Fragrance ingredients in all products
- Not cruelty free
- Contains ingredients such as mineral oils
- Some products don’t have ingredients listed
- No refunds available
- Only available from the Underneath Skin Care website
What Are Some Alternatives to Underneath Skin Care?
There’s no need to compromise when it comes to finding skincare that is effective and safe. Carrot & Stick takes a tough love approach to skincare, perfectly balancing the power of plants with cutting edge science. Not only is Carrot & Stick good for your skin, it is also good for the environment as the formulas skip harmful chemicals commonly found in skin care products.
target=”_blank” rel=”nofollow noopener noreferrer”