Founded in 2006, Tonymoly is a Korean skin care brand that has gained wide exposure in the United States over the years. The company offers a wide range of products, including skin care products, cosmetics and accessories, and a number of skin care kits. Although Tonymoly doesn’t have a cornerstone ingredient, many of its formulations are focused on botanical extracts. In many cases, the manufacturer even enhances this appeal by using packages that look like real fruit. As Korean skin care brands like Tonymoly continue to gain in popularity, it’s important to take a close look at some of the company’s products to see how they may fit into a skin care routine.
Tonymoly Mask Ingredients
Although Tonymoly offers many types of skin care products, including face creams and serums, it’s also carved out a niche in the face mask market. Let’s consider some of their ingredients in the company’s face masks, and what they are meant to achieve.
- Master Lab Ceramide Mask: The active ingredient in this Tonymoly face mask is ceramides, which play a big role in moisturizing our skin. In fact, ceramides are naturally present in our skin throughout our life, but the levels begin to decrease as we age. Such decreases have been associated with a weakening of the moisture barrier and skin dehydration. The Ceramide mask from Tonymoly aims to replenish ceramides levels, thereby boosting skin moisture.
- I’m Real Pomegranate Mask: This Tonymoly mask is designed to infuse the skin with pomegranate extract. Pomegranate is known for its antioxidant properties, which can improve complexion.
- I’m Real Avocado Mask: Tonymoly created this sheet mask to help consumers benefit from the fatty acids and antioxidants found in avocado. Antioxidants are vital for a skin care routine because they neutralize damage-causing free radicals. Fatty acids play a big role too, as they keep the skin moisturized.
- I’m Real Tomato Mask: Tomatoes are not a common skin care ingredient, though some spas may include this fruit as part of skin treatment. When used in skin care products, tomatoes may help the skin through the damage-repairing benefits of lycopene. Additionally, a face mask with tomatoes may increase skin moisture.
- I’m Real Aloe Mask: This mask from Tonymoly is meant to soothe the skin. It can be especially helpful for individuals who have sensitive skin, are prone to allergic reactions, or who live in a harsh weather environment. The aloe vera in this mask can calm inflammation and moisturize at the same time.
- I’m Real Seaweed Mask: The benefits of this Tonymoly mask come from the minerals and nutrients found in seaweed. This mask can be used to replenish moisture in the skin and to nourish it with vitamins.
- Master Lab Hyaluronic Acid Mask: The main ingredient in this mask, hyaluronic acid, is valued in the skin care industry for its ability to draw moisture to the treatment site. Some studies suggest that hyaluronic acid can hold as much as 1,000 times its weight in moisture.
- Master Lab Vitamin C Mask: With the goal of brightening dark spots on the face, the main ingredient in this Tonymoly mask is vitamin C. It’s a common skin care ingredient that is valued for its ability to repair skin damage. In addition to skin lightening, this nutrient may also stimulate collagen production.
How to Use Tonymoly Masks
The masks from Tonymoly come either as sheets or patches. Because these are made with a wide range of ingredients and for different purposes, instructions may vary from one item to another. However, generally the mask or the patch must be applied to the skin and left for a certain amount of time – even as long as 40 minutes in some cases. After the time has elapsed, the mask should be gently removed.
Please keep in mind that rinsing the face may be required in some instances, while other masks may only require a gentle patting of the skin after use.
Cost of Tonymoly Masks
Most items within the Tonymoly mask product line are priced in the $4 – $10 range for one mask. These are typically single-use packages, which can make the expenses add up with regular use.
Where to Buy Tonymoly Products
Tonymoly products are distributed through numerous channels. The most direct way to make a purchase is to go through the company’s website.
For retail purchases, the consumer can find some of the company’s products through outlets like Sephora, Ulta, and Urban Outfitters, among others. Although many items are also sold through third party marketplaces like Amazon, there is a chance that such vendors are unauthorized. When considering such a purchase, it’s important to read reviews for the vendor, to reduce chances of getting expired or counterfeit Tonymoly products.
Feedback for the company’s products is generally positive. However, a number of Tonymoly reviews suggest potential for redness and skin irritation from some of the face masks.