When researching Korean skin care products, some consumers may come across Neogen Dermalogy. This brand was developed by Neogen, a skin care company founded in 2009 around the idea of using botanical extracts and exotic ingredients for skin applications. However, when considering this line of products the consumer must keep in mind that Neogen Dermalogy has a relatively limited distribution in the United States. Though the company distributes products through physical locations in Korea and Philippines, U.S. consumers must look for third party distributors who have imported these products. As such, building a regular skin care kit from Neogen Dermalogy products may be somewhat problematic due to potential inventory interruptions with U.S. distributors.
How Neogen Dermalogy Products Work
Neogen Dermalogy products don’t seem to have a central ingredient theme. Instead, the manufacturer appears to focus on creating proprietary ingredient blends and using botanical extracts to achieve various moisturizing and skin brightening benefits.
Neogen Dermalogy Ingredients
To better understand how Neogen Dermalogy products work, it’s important to consider the ingredients in individual formulations.
- 100% Real Flower Cleansing Water – Rose: This Neogen Dermalogy product is formulated with rose water, which is thought to benefit the skin due to its moisturizing and skin calming properties. At a price of roughly $20 for 10 ounces, this product is quite affordable for virtually all skin care budgets.
- Age Defense Cream: This cream from Neogen Dermalogy contains a number of chemicals that are meant to repair skin damage and improve texture. Some of the ingredients include orchid extract, which is thought to have high quantities of antioxidants; black caviar, to promote skin healing; as well as argan oil and niacinamide, to moisturize. With a price tag of roughly $40 for 1.65 ounces, this is one of the more expensive products in the Neogen Dermalogy line.
- Age Defense Serum: Neogen Dermalogy offers this age defense serum to provide a lighter solution for consumers struggling with wrinkles and other signs of aging. Ingredients include mulberry extract, to address skin damage; blue berry extract, for its antioxidant content; niacinamide, to moisturize, and snail extract, which can promote skin healing and improve texture. The cost of this Neogen Dermalogy product is approximately $41.25 for 1.65 ounces.
- Argan Oil Essential Mask: This face mask from Neogen Dermalogy is formulated around the moisturizing benefits of argan oil. Derived from the argan tree, the oil has a high lipid content, which helps infuse skin cells with moisture and promote a stronger moisture barrier. Additionally, argan oil is valued for its relatively high content of antioxidants, which can address skin damage and reduce common signs of aging. The formulation also contains trehalose, to boost moisture retention; lemon balm skin extract, to promote healing; and mung bean extract, to reduce wrinkles and increase moisture. This Neogen Dermalogy face mask is quite inexpensive, with a package of 10 masks priced at around $17.50.
- Blemish Soothing Foam Cleanser: To remove excess oil and dirt from the skin, Neogen Dermalogy formulated the Soothing Cleanser. Some of the main ingredients include salicylic acid, which is well known for its ability to unclog pores and provide mild exfoliation; witch hazel, to tone the skin; seaweed extract, to soothe the skin; and triclosan, for its antibacterial properties. At about $25 for approximately 3.3 ounces, this Neogen Dermalogy cleanser is moderately priced.
- Black Caviar Essential Mask: Formulated to address skin damage and laxity, this mask from Neogen Dermalogy contains a number of damage-fighting chemicals. For example, the formulation contains ingredients like black caviar, to repair skin damage; trehalose, for moisture enhancement; blueberry extract, for its antioxidant content; and grape extract, due to its skin softening properties. This Neogen Dermalogy product is priced competitively, at approximately $17.50 for 10 mask sheets.
Where to Buy Neogen Dermalogy Products
Items in the Neogen Dermalogy line may be hard to find in the United States. Currently, the manufacturer doesn’t appear to have major distribution channels outside of Asia. Therefore, the consumer will need to shop through specialized online retailers or through large ecommerce platforms.
However, when purchasing the company’s products through platforms like Amazon or eBay, it’s vital to read Neogen Dermalogy vendor reviews, to check the seller’s reputation.
Neogen Dermalogy Reviews
Reviews for Neogen Dermalogy products are generally positive. However, some consumers seem to suggest that the products may not be highly effective. This is an interesting point, as most of the manufacturer’s products are priced quite low, which means that the quantities of active ingredients may not be high enough. After all, the company must pay for the ingredients, the manufacturing process (including salaries), the packaging, and any marketing efforts, and then still make a profit. Therefore, with products priced so low, quantities of active ingredients may be too low to have a major effect on the skin.
However, it’s important to note that many Neogen Dermalogy reviews are also very positive, and some consumers express satisfaction when comparing the cost of the products to the results achieved.