When looking for celebrity skin care tips, brands like Sonya Dakar can sound very enticing to some consumers. Founded by a skin care expert of the same name, this company is focused on providing a number of skin care solutions for acne and anti aging concerns, just to name a few. Further, the company touts its expertise and savvy by referencing multiple mentions in popular magazines, like Allure, Men’s Health, and InStyle, among others. However, even though Sonya Dakar and other skin care brands can sound very impressive due to their mentions in popular media outlets, it’s vital to take a very personalized approach to any new skin care product you are considering. Just because a celebrity may be using a certain product or a magazine says it’s a great choice, that doesn’t mean it’s the best solution for all individuals. Your skin is unique, and the only way to ensure that Sonya Dakar are the right choice for you is to read genuine consumer reviews and work hand-in-hand with a skin care expert who understands your needs and your medical history.
Sonya Dakar Product Ingredients
The best way to assess whether a new skin care product is the best choice in your situation is to consider the chemicals within the formulation. This is an often-overlooked step, as many consumers tend to make their purchasing decisions based on celebrity endorsements and other marketing (we all know that celebrities get paid to endorse products, but for some reason it can be very hard to resist their sales message).
When it comes to Sonya Dakar products, let’s take a look at a handful of products and the ingredients they contain:
- Buriti Purifying Cleanser: The cornerstone ingredient in this Sonya Dakar is Buriti, which comes from a palm tree that is typically used for many purposes, in addition to skin care. One of the reasons Buriti oil has become popular has to do with its high content of vitamin E, which is a well-known antioxidant. Additionally, this cleanser contains ingredients like grapeseed oil, to repair skin with antioxidants, and avocado oil, to moisturize. This Sonya Dakar cleanser is currently priced at about $67 for four ounces.
- Nano Peel: To promote skin exfoliation, Sonya Dakar has created a facial exfoliator for dislodging dead skin cells and reducing clogged pores. The key ingredients in this face cram are lactic acid, which is part of the alpha hydroxy acid family, and wheat acid, which may condition the skin. It is important to note that this Sonya Dakar exfoliator is not meant to be used on a daily basis. The product should be applied only 1-3 days per week, and should be wiped from the skin after about 5-7 minutes. At a cost of $155 for just half an ounce, however, this cream may be beyond the reach of most individuals.
- Organic Hoya Omega Booster: The key ingredient in this Sonya Dakar anti aging oil is an extract derived from the Hoya flower, which is rich in Omega fatty acids. These fatty acids can be helpful in repairing skin damage, and may even contribute to regeneration of collagen fibers in some cases. This Sonya Dakar oil currently costs $62 for half of an ounce.
- Detox Wash: This Sonya Dakar face cleanser was designed to remove dirt and oil from the skin while neutralizing some of the harmful free radicals and pathogen buildup. The key ingredients in this face wash are botanical stem cells, and a number of botanical extracts that are meant to shield the skin from toxins. However, at a cost of $59 for just four ounces, this cleanser is quite a bit more expensive than some of the best drug store face washes.
- Eye Wash: To treat the delicate skin around the eyes, this Sonya Dakar eye wash is formulated with a number of antioxidants and fatty acids. Antioxidants are very helpful for neutralizing free radicals and the associated damage, while fatty acids play a role in the health of cell membranes. This Sonya Dakar eye wash is priced at $42 for half an ounce.
Where to Buy Sonya Dakar Products
Sonya Dakar skin care products can be purchased from the company website, as well as from its clinic in Beverly Hills. Additionally, the products can be found through a number of online ecommerce platforms, though it’s imperative to read Sonya Dakar vendor reviews, as the high cost of some of the items can make them a target for counterfeiters.
Sonya Dakar Reviews
The reviews for Sonya Dakar products are generally mixed. Although some consumers seem to be happy with their purchase, others express frustration with the seeming lack of results for the high-priced products. However, it’s important to keep in mind that measuring results by simply looking in the mirror is a highly subjective process, which makes it important to speak to a dermatologist in addition to reading Sonya Dakar reviews.
What Are Alternatives to Sonya Dakar Skin Care Products?
There’s no need to compromise when it comes to finding skincare that is effective and safe. Carrot & Stick takes a tough love approach to skincare, perfectly balancing the power of plants with cutting edge science. Not only is Carrot & Stick good for your skin, it is also good for the environment as the formulas skip harmful chemicals commonly found in skin care products.