An Overview of the SkinCeuticals AGE Eye Complex
The SkinCeuticals AGE Eye Complex is an eye care treatment for correcting several signs of aging around the eyes. This cream formulation was designed to be light and to be quickly absorbed into the dermal and epidermal layers of the skin. The combination was developed by the SkinCeuticals anti aging product manufacturing company, after experimenting with different ingredients to provide the most effecting solution for the tired look caused by under eye wrinkles. SkinCeuticals AGE Eye Complex is also touted as an all-in-one treatment to treat a variety of issues like eye puffiness, dark circles, under eye bags, crow’s feet and wrinkles. This cream can be used as part of a regular skin care routine at home to get rid of under eye wrinkles and achieve fresh, younger looking under eye skin. However, at $91 per unit, the SkinCeuticals AGE Eye Complex cost may be too much for most medium sized budgets. Therefore, it is in the best interest of the buyer to have a detailed understanding of the product before purchasing. An attempt to get SkinCeuticals AGE Eye Complex samples from your dermatologist or a local spa may also be a smart decision, to avoid spending money before you know how this expensive product will affect you.
SkinCeuticals AGE Eye Complex Ingredients
The main feature of the SkinCeuticals AGE Eye Complex is that it’s supposed to be a complete treatment product for correcting the signs of ageing around the eyes. The manufacturer claims that the cream is specially-formulated to treat the problems of dark circles around eyes, under eye bags, and dry flaky skin on face; all of which are common signs of aging skin. Before deciding whether this cream is right for you, it may be helpful to read SkinCeuticals AGE Eye Complex customer reviews posted on the company website.
Key Active Ingredients: The active ingredients in the SkinCeuticals AGE Eye Complex can be categorized into four subdivisions, based on their functions in treating under eye fine lines and dark patches.
- Synergistic Peptides and Flavonoid Complex: Help reduce the under eye bags and dark circles. Eventually reinforce the skin, toning and firming in the under eye area.
- Blueberry Extracts: Prevents the premature breaking of the skin and increases the flexibility and suppleness by inhibiting glycation.
- Proxylane: SkinCeuticals AGE Eye Complex contains Proxylane, which helps in synthesizing glycosaminoglycans (GAGs) to draw hydration and nutrients into the skin tissues and provide a soft and healthy under eye appearance.
- Optical Diffusers (Light Reflecting Particles): Reduces the dullness, capillaries and tiredness of the eyes.
How to Use SkinCeuticals AGE Eye Complex
SkinCeuticals AGE Eye Complex is a mild product, typically recommended for use twice a day on the surrounding areas of the eyes for best results. It can be applied using your fingertips or a special facial sponge, but the key is to ensure your skin is cleansed, so that the active ingredients can penetrate more deeply into the tissues. To apply the cream;
- Cleanse the face with a facial cleanser formulated for your skin type (you don’t want to use anything too harsh, as that can cause inflammation),
- Apply SkinCeuticals AGE Eye Complex around the eyes, near the brows and dark patches,
- Finally, apply an aqua base moisturizer on the entire face for retaining the hydration so that skin cells are properly hydrated and can utilize ingredients in the AGE Eye Complex more readily.
SkinCeuticals AGE Eye Complex Side Effects
There have been no reports claiming serious side effect from using this product. However, keep in mind that not all problems are reported by consumers, and that allergic reactions to the chemicals in any skin care item are possible. Therefore, avoid penetration of the product beyond the lashes or allowing it to come in direct contact with the eyes, as this may result in discomfort and redness. If this occurs, thoroughly wash off SkinCeuticals AGE Eye Complex with warm water, and seek medical help if symptoms do not subside.
Further reading: SkinCeuticals review.