Nectifirm is an anti aging neck cream that was developed by Revision Skincare. According to the manufacturer, the goal of this product is to reduce skin damage on the neck and provide a lifting effect. However, though some individuals may find Nectifirm to be a viable solution for dry, crepey skin on the neck, the product may not be the best choice for everyone. For example, some consumers may have skin damage that is too significant to be repaired with a topical cream and may require surgical intervention. Others may have visible vertical muscle bands, which cannot be treated with a cream like Nectifirm, and will need a neck lift to reduce the appearance of muscle edges. Therefore, it’s imperative to thoroughly research this product before daily use, read Nectifirm reviews, and to keep realistic expectations for what this neck cream may achieve.
How Nectifirm Works
The main goal behind Nectifirm is to make the appearance of the neck and décolleté more youthful. Although there are several aspects to reinvigorating the skin, this particular neck cream focuses on reducing skin damage through antioxidants, skin tightening through collagen stimulation, and improving skin health by reinforcing the moisture barrier.
It’s important to note, however, that this cream does not seem to focus on any one specific problem. Instead, it is more of a general upkeep treatment, rather than a precise solution.
In addition to speaking to your dermatologist about this cream, one of the best ways to assess whether Nectifirm is right for you is to consider the formulation ingredients. Here are just some of the chemicals contained in this neck cream:
- Algae Extracts: The algae extracts in Nectifirm can serve a number of purposes. For example, this ingredient is thought to improve skin condition through a number of antioxidants that repair skin damage. Other studies suggest that some algae extracts may have a high content of vitamin A (retinol), which can reduce the appearance of wrinkles and boost the natural skin turnover cycle.
- Ceramides: This ingredient has gained quite a bit of attention over the last few years, as skin care product manufacturers have begun to take a deeper look at all facets of skin moisture. For example, it has been found that ceramides play a vital role in maintaining the skin’s natural moisture barrier. As such, creams like Nectifirm have this chemical in the formulation with the goal of preventing skin moisture loss.
- Vitamin C: Creams like Nectifirm are formulated with vitamin C because of this ingredient’s antioxidant properties and, to some degree, the ability to strengthen collagen. Some skin care lines have even been created around the skin brightening properties of vitamin C, as a way to reduce hyperpigmentation.
- Vitamin E: This nutrient is often included in skin creams because of its ability to fight skin damage.
- Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide 7: This Nectifirm ingredient may not sound familiar to many consumers, because it is often buried deep within skin care product ingredient lists. However, this chemical is sometimes included in formulations because of its ability to reduce inflammation. Such qualities are important for long term skin health, because inflammation is believed to be associated with more rapid aging.
- Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide 5: Anti aging creams sometimes contain palmitoyl tetrapeptide 5 because some skin experts believe this ingredient to have collagen-stimulating properties. Being able to strengthen the collagen support network is vital, as collagen depletion is one of the biggest reasons for the development of wrinkles.
Where to Buy Nectifirm
Revision Skincare does not sell its products directly to consumers, but instead caters to the skin care professional community. Creams like Nectifirm are a solution for skin specialists (like doctors and medical spas) for generating additional product-based revenue, without the hassle of creating and managing their own brands.
As such, anyone looking for where to buy Nectifirm will have a difficult time finding this product online, and will instead need to look for a local skin expert who is authorized to sell Revision Skincare products.
Cost of Nectifirm
The cost of Nectifirm can vary, depending on the clinic or skin care professional where the purchase is made. However, the price of this cream hovers in the range of $65 for 1.7 ounces.
Although Nectifirm reviews are generally positive, some consumers do express frustration with the apparent lack of effects from this neck cream. According to some reviews, the cream feels great on the skin, but doesn’t seem to make the skin look younger.
Of course, such bad Nectifirm reviews can sound off-putting. However, it’s important to note that many reviewers don’t actually specify how long they’ve tried using the cream before arriving at the decision that it doesn’t work.
Topical creams rarely work quickly, and instead supply the skin with various ingredients that alter biological processes. Therefore, some of the negative reviews may simply be attributable to lack of proper use, or may suggest that the individual had problems that cannot be repaired with a topical treatment.
At the same time, positive Nectifirm reviews should also be taken with a grain of salt, as many reviewers don’t point out their age or original skin condition.