Individuals struggling with sagging skin and wrinkles may have heard about an anti aging cream called Murad Rapid Collagen Infusion. Manufactured by the Murad skin care company, this cream is claimed to address the major signs of aging, and even to boost collagen. However, because of inherent limitations of topical creams, the savvy consumer may wish to approach such Murad Rapid Collagen Infusion claims with a bit of caution. After all, stimulating collagen with topical creams is a notoriously difficult process, because the active ingredients must first penetrate deep enough to induce such growth. Therefore, consumers are strongly advised to first consult with a licensed dermatologist who can analyze their medical history, and read Murad Rapid Collagen Infusion reviews before making a final purchasing decision.
How Murad Rapid Collagen Infusion Works
The name Murad Rapid Collagen Infusion is slightly misleading, as it suggests an infusion of collagen into the treatment area. The cream even contains collagen amino acids to support this idea. However, such inclusion of collagen in skin care formulations remains a controversial practice, as some skin experts suggest that collagen, and even amino acids, may be too big to penetrate the skin all the way to the dermis.
Besides collagen amino acids, Murad Rapid Collagen Infusion also includes a number of antioxidants. This group of chemicals is well known for reducing skin damage, and various antioxidant are a staple in the anti aging skin care industry.
Murad Rapid Collagen Infusion Ingredients
For deeper insight about Murad Rapid Collagen Infusion, it’s a good idea to consider the ingredients in the formulation. Please keep in mind that the ingredients listed below are just part of the formulation. The entire ingredient list should be discussed with your doctor, to avoid potentially-serious side effects.
- Honey: This ingredient is a common addition to all types of skin care products because honey serves multiple purposes, including the ability to moisturize, promotion of skin healing, and antibacterial properties.
- Urea: This Murad Rapid Collagen Infusion ingredient is often added to formulations due to its moisturizing properties. Our skin naturally contains urea, which helps keep the moisture barrier strong. However, urea levels can become depleted as we age (same goes for ceramides, by the way). By adding urea to the skin through topical creams like Murad Rapid Collagen Infusion, the consumer can boost moisture retention which improves overall skin hydration.
- Sodium Hyaluronate: When it comes to reducing wrinkles, sodium hyaluronate plays two important roles. Its main job is to draw moisture to the treatment area, which helps improve the overall health of skin cells. In addition, the increase in moisture can reduce the appearance of wrinkles by boosting skin volume, which creates a temporary smoothing effect.
- Lavender Oil: This is one of those interesting ingredients that is often included in formulations because it’s a botanical extract and therefore associated with a healthy and natural lifestyle. For example, products like Murad Rapid Collagen Infusion may include it because lavender oil is thought to relieve skin irritation and create a soothing effect. However, some consumers may experience skin irritation from this ingredient, as well as inflammation.
- Disodium EDTA: To preserve the formulation, Murad Rapid Collagen Infusion utilizes Disodium EDTA which reduces metal ion reactions. This particular ingredient doesn’t have any specific skin benefits, but may prolong the useful life of the cream. Consumers in particularly hot climates may also wish to keep the cream in a refrigerator.
- Trehalose: This Murad Rapid Collagen Infusion ingredient functions to improve the skin moisture barrier. It’s particularly helpful for mature individuals, as the moisture barrier become significantly weaker as we age.
- Olive Oil: Having been used in skin care for centuries, this is perhaps one of the best known moisturizers out there. However, some consumers may experience increased pore clogging with olive oil. Therefore, individuals with a history of acne may wish to take extra care with Murad Rapid Collagen Infusion.
Where to Buy Murad Rapid Collagen Infusion
Murad Rapid Collagen Infusion is currently available through the manufacturer’s website, at a cost of $84 for just one ounce of product. Those who decide to use this cream on a regular basis can save 10% off the retail price by signing up for the company’s auto ship program.
Additionally, consumers can buy Murad Rapid Collagen Infusion from the company’s retail skin care store in Los Angeles.
Murad Rapid Collagen Infusion Reviews
Reviews for Murad Rapid Collagen Infusion are generally positive. However, some consumers have expressed the opinion that this item is too expensive for what it actually achieves. As Murad is a well-known name in the skin care industry, this suggestion from reviewers may have some truth to it, as there is typically a premium for products with a strong brand name.
However, other Murad Rapid Collagen Infusion reviews are quite positive, with consumers reporting good results, including the appearance of tighter skin.
Further reading: Murad skin care review.