Dark spots on the face can make us look significantly older than we really are, making product like Murad Rapid Age Spot and Pigment Lightening Serum popular due to their promise of making the skin look brighter, and consequently younger. This product is available from the well-known skin care company established by Dr. Murad, who developed a variety of formulas to repair damaged skin, address acne, stimulate collagen production to reduce wrinkles, and much more. However, although this anti aging serum has a variety of interesting ingredients, some Murad Rapid Age Spot and Pigment Lightening Serum reviews are quite lukewarm. It seems that a large portion of the consumers didn’t experience the skin brightening effects they anticipated. Was this a result of over-promising and under-delivering, on behalf of Murad? Or did the customers simply have unrealistic expectations? To better understand what Murad Rapid Age Spot and Pigment Lightening Serum may achieve for your skin, we take a deeper look at how it works and its ingredient list. Here is what we’ve found:
How Murad Rapid Age Spot and Pigment Lightening Serum Works
One of the reasons dark spots are such a big deal is because they are commonly associated with age, earning them the commonly-used name; age spots. Certainly, they also cause the skin’s appearance to look more heterogeneous, which makes it appear less smooth – a visual perception that may not seems aesthetically pleasing. But the reason why products like Murad Rapid Age Spot and Pigment Lightening Serum are quite popular with the consumer is because there is an inherent stigma around age spots – we’ve come to automatically associate them with becoming older.
However, dark spots don’t really have as much to do with age as they do with skin damage from the sun. As our skin is exposed to UV radiation on a daily basis, our body uses a natural defense mechanism – melanin – to neutralize the harmful effects. This is why you get a tan when you’ve been out in the sun for a while; it’s your body’s way to quickly build up protection against UV radiation.
Unfortunately, melanin pigment can sometimes form into clusters, thus creating the appearance of dark spots on the face, hands and neck.
To combat these effects, products like Murad Rapid Age Spot and Pigment Lightening Serum use a variety of ingredients that are meant to exfoliate the skin and reduce the production of melanin. As the damaged cells are slowly removed, the dark spots eventually become lighter, and the skin tone achieves a more uniform appearance.
Murad Rapid Age Spot and Pigment Lightening Serum Ingredients
There is a multitude of ingredients in Murad Rapid Age Spot and Pigment Lightening Serum, which should be reviewed very carefully with your dermatologist, to avoid side effects and inadvertent skin damage. Some of the key ingredients in this anti aging serum include:
- Hydroquinone: This is a well-known skin lightening ingredient that works by reducing melanin production. With less melanin in the skin, the dark spots begin to fade. Within the Murad Rapid Age Spot and Pigment Lightening Serum, Hydroquione comes in a 2% over-the-counter concentration.
- Glycolic Acid: Another key ingredient in this anti aging serum is glycolic acid, which gently exfoliates the skin over time. It is the same idea as getting a glycolic acid peel, but this serum has a lower concentration of this ingredient, which makes the process slower but at the same time carries less potential side effects.
- Butylene Glycol: This ingredient is meant to moisturize and condition the skin. Typically, it helps smooth the skin’s surface, and is a common addition to many skin care products.
- Glycerin: A common byproduct of soap making, glycerin is valued for its ability to fortify the skin’s moisture barrier to boost hydration.
- Aloe Vera Leaf Juice: Used for centuries as a skin moisturizer, aloe vera is often included in skin care formulations due to its soothing and hydrating properties.
- Urea: This Murad Rapid Age Spot and Pigment Lightening Serum ingredient isn’t as common in skin care products, but is typically included when moisture is needed. The reason for it has to do with the skin’s natural content of urea. Dry, flaky skin has been consistently found to have depleted levels of this chemical, which is why it’s sometimes added to moisturizers.
Where to Buy Murad Rapid Age Spot and Pigment Lightening Serum
Murad Rapid Age Spot and Pigment Lightening Serum can be purchased directly from the manufacturer’s website, or thru a number of other ecommerce outlets.
The cost of this product is a bit on the expensive side, at $60 for just one fluid ounce. However, consumers who use this product regularly can save 10% by registering for the manufacturer’s auto-ship option.
Murad Rapid Age Spot and Pigment Lightening Serum Reviews
Reviews for Murad Rapid Age Spot and Pigment Lightening Serum are somewhat mixed. Although some consumers were quite happy with the results, other suggested that they didn’t see much improvement. However, it’s important to note that everyone’s age spots will react differently to such treatments.
For example, someone with a very mild case of dark spots on the face may see results quickly, while a consumer with very dark spots may need a long time to see results.
Further, it’s important to note that any dark spots on the skin should be carefully examined by a dermatologist. Most of the time they are harmless, but in some cases could be the early signs of skin cancer. Therefore, it’s a good idea to see a dermatologist before trying Murad Rapid Age Spot and Pigment Lightening Serum.
Further reading: Murad skin care review.