Hydroxatone is a skin care brand that focuses largely on anti aging products. Among these, the manufacturer has created items like anti wrinkle creams, deep moisturizers, and products that focus on boosting collagen. However, it’s important to note that Hydroxatone products may not be the right choice for everyone. Even though this brand has been featured in media outlets like Harper’s Bazaar and has appeared on television, it doesn’t make the products a ubiquitous solution for all skin care needs. This is because every individual’s skin and medical history are unique. Therefore, it’s important to work with a dermatologist and read Hydroxatone reviews before incorporating the company’s products into your skin care routine.
How Hydroxatone Products Work
Hydroxatone products don’t really have a powerful central theme. For example, some skin care companies base all of their product formulations around honey, or retinol, or some other central ingredient. Hydroxatone comes close to this by including hyaluronic acid in many of its products.
However, hyaluronic acid isn’t a very specialized ingredient nowadays. It’s become so widely used in the skin care industry that this ingredient has reached a sort of commoditized status. It’s no longer unique, precisely because of its extensive adaptation.
Of course, this doesn’t make hyaluronic acid any less effective, but it’s an important consideration because products with this ingredient can be found through hundreds of other skin care brands and even drugstore creams.
For a deeper understanding of how Hydroxatone products work, it’s vital to consider the ingredient lists in more detail.
- Anti Aging Gel Cleanser: This face wash from Hydroxatone is formulated to cleanse the skin while providing anti aging benefits thru exfoliation. The removal of dead and damaged skin cells has many benefits, including the reduction in the appearance of wrinkles and dark spots. Some of the ingredients include aloe vera, to calm the skin; salicylic acid, to cleanse pores and promote exfoliation; butylene glycol, for skin softening benefits; and jojoba esters, to moisturize. At a price of about $29 for four ounces, the cost of this Hydroxatone cleanser is rather high.
- Hydroxatone Intensive: An anti aging night cream, this Hydroxatone product is designed to soothe and revitalize the skin as you sleep. Ingredients include peptides, to repair skin damage; resveratrol, an antioxidant; vitamin A, to promote a healthier skin cycle; vitamins C and E, for their antioxidant properties; and ceramides, for their skin hydrating benefits. With a price tag of $59 for just one ounce, this Hydroxatone night cream may be out of reach of many consumers.
- Hydroxatone Instant Face Lift: This eye cream from Hydroxatone aims to achieve immediate improvement in the appearance of wrinkles, while providing long term benefits through chemicals that nourish and moisturize the skin. The immediate benefits are largely derived from ingredients like pullulan and hyaluronic acid. Pullulan helps create a micro film on the skin that provides support, while hyaluronic acid provides a tightening effect by drawing moisture to the treatment area. Other ingredients include aloe vera, for a calming effect on irritated skin; alfalfa extract, for its vitamin A content; and vitamin E, to help repair skin damage. The price of this Hydroxatone eye cream is $55 for one ounce.
- Anti Acne CC Cream: To help acne sufferers, Hydroxatone formulated this acne cream with ingredients like salicylic acid, to clear out clogged pores; peptides, to fight acne-causing bacteria; glycerin, to moisturize the skin; and niacinamide, to bring additional hydration.
- AM/PM Anti Wrinkle Complex: Designed for twice-daily application, this Hydroxatone cream is focused on addressing wrinkles through skin tightening effects. The main ingredient in this cream is Matrixyl 3000, which is thought to stimulate collagen production by simulating skin damage. Other ingredients include argireline, which may temporarily relax facial muscles to address expression lines; hyaluronic acid, to dram moisture to the area; and ingredients for SPF protection.
Hydroxatone Side Effects
There is a variety of side effects possible from Hydroxatone products. For example, items containing retinol may cause skin irritation and redness, especially in the early weeks of use.
Additionally, some creams contain fragrance; an ingredient that has no benefits for the skin, but is known to cause irritation and inflammation.
Lastly, the AM/PM Anti Wrinkle Complex has a very negligible amount of UV protection, with an SPF rating of 3. This makes it vital to use a sunscreen in addition to this cream, to prevent skin and collagen damage.
Where to Buy Hydroxatone
The company’s products are largely sold through the manufacturer’s website. Although the items are also available through third party distributors on websites like Amazon, it’s important to read Hydroxatone reviews for the vendors, to ensure that they are reputable and don’t sell counterfeit items.
For those who prefer retail shopping, stores like Ulta and Kohls also sell Hydroxatone skin care products.