Finding the Best Anti Aging Skin Care Regimen When You’re Over 40
Once you are over fifty years of age, a proper skin care regimen becomes more important than ever to find the best anti aging skin care routine to protect your skin from the ravages of the sun, environment, and unhealthy habits like smoking or excessive drinking. While you may already be treating common skin issues that commonly occur at this stage in life, such as wrinkles, under eye bags, and age spots, you may not be using the best anti aging skin care products available to heal skin damage and slow the progression of natural aging. However, it is never too late to create an effective preventative anti aging skin care regimen to keep your skin healthy for the years to come. Finding the best anti aging skin care products may seem difficult at first, but considering the skin issues you face and learning about what ingredients the best anti aging skin care products should contain will make your decisions easier, and frankly, smarter.
Choosing an Effective Wrinkle Cream
One of the best anti aging skin care products you can add to your beauty regimen once you’re over fifty is an effective wrinkle cream or serum. Products that contain retinol, antioxidants, and collagen stimulants are all viable choices; retinol is especially effective in fighting wrinkles for aging skin because it fights the signs of sun damage in the skin and boosts skin cell production. The more new skin cells that are created, the more natural collagen is produced, which helps to fill in fine lines and wrinkles. Retinol should also be an essential ingredient in the best anti aging skin care night cream products you consider, as retinoid products have proven to be highly effective when used overnight.
Antioxidants, like vitamin E, are also present in the best anti aging skin care products and wrinkle creams, because they help the skin flush away toxins that may be harmful to healthy skin cells, which protects the skin from future wrinkles. Choosing a cream that has some sort of skin cell stimulant, like retinol, and antioxidants will help you correct current damage and slow further deterioration of skin cells.
Adding an SPF Moisturizer to Your Anti Aging Skin Care Regimen
One of the most important elements of the best anti aging skin care regimen should be products that protect skin from the sun, as UV rays could make existing problems worse and damage thinning skin. If you haven’t used regular SPF protection in your 20s, 30s and 40s, you’ve probably already noticed sun-related skin care problems, like dark spots on face and dull, sallow skin. Without UV protection, your skin will develop new or worsening age spots, more wrinkles, and be highly susceptible to rapid aging, because when you’re over 50, your body just can’t fight damage the way it does when you’re 20, causing an increasingly rapid deterioration of cell structures.
The best anti aging skin care moisturizing products are those that contain hydrating elements such as vitamins C and E, essential tea-based oils, in addition to SPF protection of at least 30. This will prevent new wrinkles and age spots from forming and protect the skin from free radicals that destroy healthy skin cells. There are also tinted SPF moisturizers available if you’re looking for a daily moisturizer that protects your aging skin from the sun as it hides minor flaws and imperfections on the skin at the same time.
Choosing Anti Aging Eye Care Items
Because the skin around the eyes is very thin, it is prone to accelerated aging, which results in sagging skin under the eyes, droopy eyelids and skin discoloration. If you’re dealing with eye bags, discoloration, and sagging skin under the eyes, which is common for women over fifty, the best anti aging skin care product to add to your beauty regimen is an under-eye cream that contains ingredients like caffeine and neuropeptides. Caffeine tightens the skin on the surface and is also absorbable by the skin, where it works on inflamed blood vessels to make them less visible. Neuropeptides stimulate collagen growth and smooth the surface of the skin, which makes the skin around the eyes appear more youthful. Keep in mind when choosing an eye cream that while the ingredients in the best anti aging skin care products will give you effective results, these results are almost always temporary and are not comparable in effectiveness to cosmetic skin procedures.
What are the best anti aging skin care products today? What is the very best anti aging skin care system? What is the best anti aging skin care line? More on this later. First, lets look at the visible signs of aging skin. When you are in your late 20’s or early 30’s it is better to guard your skin from the oncoming signs of aging, and to use anti aging skin care methods to keep your skin looking youthful longer. The process of aging leaves lines, wrinkles and spots in its wake. The right way to counter these problems is knowing what causes them and taking steps to protect yourself against their effects. The biggest culprit that causes visible aging of the skin is the sun. The UV rays have the ability to penetrate the skin and change its cellular structure. Therefore, a big aspect of anti aging skin care products is to prevent and reverse these effects.
Anti Aging Skin Care Products Products That Help
When choosing anti aging skin care products, it’s important to select only those that will have at least some positive effect on your skin and will not be just a huge waste of money that overpromises and under-delivers. You’ll need an anti aging skin care regimen that will prevent you from tumbling down the road of aging before you’re ready for that mature stage of your life. With so many products available in the market, the only way to know how they will affect you is to understand what’s in them.
For example, here are some ingredients that effective anti aging skin care products usually contain –
- Peptides – Peptides work at a cellular level to help fights the visible signs of aging.
- Sunscreen – Just buy it and use it. Stop telling yourself that you will. Go to the store after reading this article and buy some, because there is probably no other factor that is as harmful to your skin as the sun. The best anti aging skin care step you can take is to obstruct the sun from damaging your skin. Check that your cream or lotion has adequate UV and UB rays protection with a minimum of SPF 30. It doesn’t just prevent wrinkles, it also reduces age spots and chronic inflammation.
- Vitamin C – The vitamin C based products work by facilitating the production of collagen in our skin. This tightens the skin and makes it look less saggy. Vitamin C also has anti-oxidants that fight free radicals to make the skin look healthy from within.
- Vitamin E and Lipoic acid – These are great anti-oxidants and help the body repair the skin more effectively. Vitamin E is a fat-soluble anti-oxidant that is present in our blood and also helps it fight against infection.
- Moisturizers – Anti aging skin care products should also have moisturizers in them because, in addition to moisturizing, they help protect the skin from the environmental stressors. True to their name, they help the skin by retaining moisture which results in a smoother texture of the skin and evens out any discoloration.
- Regenerators – Age, sun exposure and instability of hormones have an adverse effect on skin cells. The best anti aging creams need to have regenerating ingredients that heal the cell damage by creating new cells.
- Phytochemicals – Phytochemicals are present in some skin care products. They are obtained from plants and are very useful in fighting cancer. They have the added benefit of being excellent UV radiation fighters.
Buying the right anti aging skin care product also depends on your skin type. The products must be chosen according to your skin type or they won’t be as effective. People with dry skin should use thicker moisturizers and oily skin should be treated with non-aqueous serums. Apart from using the anti aging creams, you’ll need to exfoliate on a regular basis to remove dead skin cells and any pathogens that may be present on the outermost layers.